An image example of the obvious contrast betweens introverts and extroverts:
My main discrepancy with this article is the black and white distinction between introverts, extroverts, and neurotics. There is a definite middle ground and gray area that must be addressed. I find myself listening to numerous different types of music depending on my mood and what direction I would like it to go in: this is my main relationship to the term "neurotic". However, I disagree that people are simply thrown into these categories. Personally, the need to regulate my emotions is not something I feel, the link between introverts and extroverts seems to be this neurotic class. The need to switch between introvert and extrovert tendencies is something I can sympathize with, and is what I feel I normally do within my life. This approach is much less restricting and disregards the basic need for media and other influences for emotional control as neurotics seem to need. The piece that Eriq Gardner presented was interesting and brings forth the question of what groups that individuals feel they are a part of. This question still resinates with me even after my above interpretation the article as it would, and does, pertain to myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment